Money Management for Managers
Money Management for Managers is a new twist on an old favorite. This highly interactive two-day learning course combines financial management with kitchen management plus a dash of culinary skills. Two instructors (one classroom/one chef) provide easy to implement strategies unit managers can take to improve financial stability of their nutrition program from purchasing to serving.
A focus on what you can control guides our step-by-step flow of food approach to maintaining a financially solvent school meals program. Participants will engage inclassroom and hands-on activities in the kitchen to better understand the why and how behind a proven financial and kitchen management system. Strategies may benefit participants in their personal lives as well!
Two-day Course Includes:
- Daily chef-prepared lunch
- Chef’s hat
- Clipboard with calculator
- Teaching manual withresources and activities
- Certificate of completion
- 14 Continuing education credits
At the end of the workshop, the participant will confidently:
- Recognize the importance of financial management to the fiscal and nutritional integrity of school nutrition programs.
- Create a climate for ethical, effective, and efficient operations of the school nutrition program.
- Utilize site-level financial management tools and standards to manage a financially and nutritionally accountable school nutrition program consistent with federal and state guidelines.
- Recognize the importance of expanding program reach resulting in increased revenue and decreased expenses.
Instructors: Two – Classroom instructor and chef instructor
Requirements: Host provides all lab supplies and small equipment and AV equipment. Kitchen with a space for team activities and classroom/cafeteria setting with table and chairs for up to 30 participants.
Ideal for 24 participants