Update School Meal Programs for Consistency
Have you noticed big inconsistencies in food quality and taste from school to school?
Do your recipes list ingredients, but instructions are limited?
The K-12 chef team can work on-site with your staff or remotely to update and/or standardize your quantity recipes.
- Quantity food production recipes provided in Microsoft Word using USDA format
- Recipes to include the following:
- Standardized yield – to the pack or to the pan, where possible
- Meal contribution
- Serving size
- Ingredients in order used or descending quantities if used at the same time
- Pre-preparation, preparation and cooking instructions
- Equipment or tools necessary
- Equipment temperature/setting
- Food safety instructions/HACCP process
- Suggested serving temperature
- Portion size and serving utensil required to meet meal contribution
- Work simplification methods
- Productivity standard recommendations (due to time to complete, task available in on-site consultations only)
- Nutritional analysis
- Professional photography